JHS Receives Approval for Graduation
Jacksboro High School has received approval to hold Graduation on May 22, 2020 at Tiger Stadium at 8:30 pm.
In a meeting with administration, the 2020 Class Officers expressed their desire to have an in-person graduation on the originally scheduled date, if allowable. The move from the traditional location of the gym to Tiger Stadium is to allow greater opportunity to social distance and keep all that choose to attend as safe and healthy as possible. For those uncomfortable attending, the District will live stream the ceremony.
To stay in compliance with current occupancy guidelines, seating will be limited to 50% capacity of the stadium. At this time, each graduate can plan to invite 20 guests.
Additional details are:
Graduation Plan - Class of 2020
- May 22 at 8:30 pm (May 23 at 8:30 am will be the weather backup date)
- June 5 as COVID backup date #1
- June 19 as COVID backup date #2
- July 3 as COVID backup date #3
- Seating Considerations
- Graduates on the football field, spaced appropriately apart
- Encourage social distancing for all in attendance
- Encourage, but not require, face coverings or masks
- Encourage hand washing and use of hand sanitizing stations
- Encourage at-risk population to watch the ceremony remotely (live stream)
- Ensure proper spacing between attendees:
- Keep at least two empty seats (or six feet separation) between parties in any row, except as follows:
- Two or more members of the same household can sit adjacent to one another, with two seats (or six feet separation) empty on either side.
- Two individuals who are not members of the same household but who are attending together can sit adjacent to one another, with two seats (or six feet separation) empty on either side.
- Alternate rows between attendees (every other row left empty).
- Stadium Capacity
- Total Capacity - 2800
- Home - 1,700
- Reserved Seating (Purple Seats) - 628
- General Admission - 1,072
- Visitors - 1,100
- 50% Capacity (Current Guideline Limitation)- 1,400
- 4 Reserved Seating Tickets per Graduate
- 16 General Seating Tickets per Graduate