Phone: 940/567-7204 ext. 298
Degrees and Certifications:
Associate of Arts - Community Journalism (American River College, Sacramento, CA) Bachelor of Science - Agricultural Journalism (Texas A&M University, College Station,TX) Master of Education - Reading (Stephen F Austin, Nacogdoches, TX) Licensed Academic Language Therapist (Dyslexia)
Study Hall 7:30 to 7:50 - only with a pass from Coley
Period 1 7:50 to 8:40 - Business English
Period 2 8:44 to 9:34 - English 2
Food Court Open 9:34 to 9:44
Period 3 9:48 – 10:33 - Conference
Period 4 10:37 to 11:22 - English 2
Period 5 11:26 to 12:11 - English 2
Lunch 12:11 to 12:37
Period 6 12:41 to 1:03 - English 2
Period 7 1:07 to 1:52 - PASS - Personalized Academic Support Services
Period 8 1:56 to 2:41 - College Prep (TSI Prep)
Period 9 2:45 to 3:30 - English 2
- Expectations for success include a binder with a divider each class and a pouch for supplies. The school provides this and I will teach you to keep it organized.
- Students need earbuds, that will fit in the pencil pouch, for listening to audiobooks and Chromebook videos.
- A spiral or composition notebook that will be used every day. No pages will be torn from it.
- Students will keep a list of passwords, a calendar and assignment sheets for all classes. We will learn to do it on paper and as a Chromebook app. This will be a weekly grade.
- This is a reading and writing class and we will read and write daily in class. If you are unprepared, there will be consequences.
- A plug-in mouse is a handy tool to use with the Chromebook.
- Parents should have access to the Class of 2023 and Class of 2021 Facebook pages for information about class activities. This is a handy way to send group and individual reminders about classwork and Class doings. My former students will say the drawback is that I often send messages between 5 and 6 a.m. when I'm getting ready for the day. I'll try not to do that very often.