JHS Announces Summer School Schedule
Summer School 2012
Dates, Times, and Location
- Monday, June 4 – Friday, June 15, 2012
- Classes will be held on Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Classes will be held at the Jacksboro ISD – Learning Center
Summer School is available for students needing to recover credits attempted, but not earned, during the regular school year. Summer school is not available for credit advancement.
- $75 per ½ Credit for Jacksboro ISD students.
- $150 per ½ Credit for out of district students.
Pre-registration will be on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 at the Learning Center.
English I, II, III, IV Algebra I, II Geometry
Government Economics World History
U.S. History World Geography IPC
*Additional courses may be offered based upon need and availability.
A student may earn a maximum of one full credit (two ½ credits) during Summer School.
- Students must be present on the first day of Summer School (Monday, June 4, 2012), unless approval is granted by an administrator to begin on a later date.
- Tuition must be paid by the second day of class, or the student will be withdrawn.
- Tuition is non-refundable.
- Students must be in attendance each day due to the shortened time frame. No student will be allowed to continue if he/she is absent on the first day.
- A student will be dismissed with no refund of tuition for the following:
- Lack of attendance – upon the 2nd absence the student will be withdrawn; 3 tardies will count as an absence.
- Disruptive behavior.
- Failure to comply with Jacksboro ISD dress and grooming guidelines.
- Student transportation will not be provided.
- Breakfast and lunch are the responsibility of the student.
Exit Level TAKS Tutoring
Tutoring will be provided for any Jacksboro High School student needing to take the Exit Level TAKS retest. TAKS tutoring will be offered from 10:00 am – 12:00 noon on Monday – Friday June 25-29 at no charge. Please notify the Jacksboro High School Counselor if interested.